Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Carrom and Trigonometry

Carrom requires controlled flicking skills – and a strong understanding of trigonometry.
Let's see how many of you remember your school days.
Please see the following video on YouTube and refresh your memories of algebra and geometry.




Hmmm...I know what you are thinking.If you would have known that the carrom trignometry calculus connection in the childhood you must have been somewhere else(I guess better than TCS as I have seen many of you are very good at it).Just kidding!!!
Jokes appart if you blend the game with your studies you will know your subject much better with practical application.
At the same time you can learn and also play.
Many of us have the misunderstanding that if the child plays a lot he/she may get distracted from the studies.But that's not true because many of us don't know that most of the games are the application of science and maths.
My friends used to wonder when we were littile that how my Papa taught me how to play carrom,playing cards etc.Many of us still think that playing with cards is bad habbit.Well it lots depend on what you play.(You don't have to gamble each time you play with cards:)
Playing such games make you allert,spontaneous,calculative and for all parents it also strengthen your maths.
Believe me if you will use your child skills in games in his/her studies they will be haapy to sit during their studytime instead of making excuses.

1 comment:

  1. keul--never though of combining carrom with trignomentry..as for playing cards I hope my Ritvik learns to play all the card games.....well I'll make sure he does :)

    ReplyDelete